"" The Teacher in Me: Classroom Pets?? Crayfish

Friday, May 31, 2013

Classroom Pets?? Crayfish

Oh where oh where has my little "crayfish" gone???  Ok this is my 9th year in third grade and this has been the craziest crayfish year yet!  First of all, I've had almost all of my crayfish survive.  That in and of itself is a miracle.  I usually start with about 15 and because of survival of the fittest I end up with about 8 left.  This year I had 12 left.  Normally, I have kids knocking down my door to get one at the end to take home.  This year, I only had a handful.  I had no choice but to let my daughter take some home too.  She's in my class this year and has spent many a years hearing me tell her that she couldn't have one because they are for my students.  So, we took two home.  One, which we have name Clawless, (no wondering about that one) is safe at our house in a little container.  The other one which definitely has claws is at my house but the word safe probably would not describe it.  Yes, overnight, the little thing somehow got out of the container we had it in and is now somewhere in my home.  We didn't make this discovery until about 5 minutes before we had to leave for school this morning.  My wonderful husband is now at home looking high and low (mostly low) for "Maddie".  The story doesn't end there though.  When I finally made it to school, my very innocent custodian informed me that he found my crayfish.  I thought he was teasing me, but I came to find out that one of the ones left in my classroom awaiting a ride to another home got out and was down the hallway under a bench outside the first grade classroom door.  (Much to his surprise at 6am this morning!)  Craziness is the only word that comes to mind! LOL!!
Just a little reminder of what we are talking about here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover