"" The Teacher in Me: Christmas Freebie Craft

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Freebie Craft

Manic Monday or Friday Freebie!!

Ok this may seem like a tedious craft but the kids love it and they look so pretty.  So here we go,

We are making Christmas wreaths.  It is made very similar to the Halloween Lanterns that I posted about in October.  The only difference is the way we fold the paper after it has been cut.
Use the large sized construction paper and fold it in half length wise.

Draw a light pencil line along the open edge of the paper about 1 inch from the edge.

Using decorative or straight scissors cut strips in the folded edge down to the  line.  Cut exactly to the line.

Fold the edge of the paper up along the pencil line.

Open the paper up so there is a mountain peak in the middle and fold the opposite edges up.  Both edges need to be pointing up.

Push the mountain peaks down and bring the folded edges together to form rings.  Staple the edges together. 

I staple on both ends and once in the middle. This is what it looks like when it is stapled.

Now bring both stapled ends together to form a circle and staple them together.  

If it doesn't seem round enough, make sure the cuts are made down to  the fold.  

Students can decorate a bow and add holly berries.  



I love comments!  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  I'm sure this is an old craft but I love it and use it every year!!  

Check out my TpT  and Teacher's Notebook stores!

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

5 comments:

  1. That wreath looks so cute!! So worth work! :) I'm your newest follower! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow!! I just hopped over to your site and I'm now your newest follower!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial! I remember making these way back when I was in 2nd grade and couldn't remember how to do it.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I'm so glad! I hope the directions are easy to follow. I hopped over to your blog too thinking I was already a follower and I wasn't!! So I an now your newest follower as well!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, came over from Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies. I'm using it with my PRE-Ks to practice cutting straight lines. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover