"" The Teacher in Me: Writing Wednesdays! Adding details to sentences

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Writing Wednesdays! Adding details to sentences

I was teaching my students yesterday about adding details to their sentences.  I introduced to them triangle sentences.  Start with a noun.  Then add a strong verb.  Then add an adjective, an adverb, and a prepositional phrase.  My students asked me if I would make a foldable for them to help them remember what to add to their sentences.  One of my students suggested that I come up with pictures to help them remember.  So.....I decided to use colored stars of different sizes to remind them to use adjectives.  I then used a heart with muscles to remind them to use strong verbs.  To remind them to use adverbs I used a turtle and a rabbit.  I explained that turtles run the race slowly and rabbits run the race quickly.  Last but not least, I used a table to remind them to use prepositional phrases.  You can be on the table, off the table, go around the table, etc.  I hope you enjoy this freebie.  Let me know what you think.  Click here.








Freebie Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover