"" The Teacher in Me: Liebster Award!!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Liebster Award!!

Okay Here it is! As I said the other day, I am so excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award!! Thank you Fabulous in Fifth and Cruz'n In First for the nominations! I so greatly appreciate it!! I will definitely be visiting your blogs often and sharing your posts with my followers.

 The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.

 The Rules:
You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers and link them in your post. No tag back, but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!
 11 Random things about me!
1. I am only 5 feet tall!!
2. My husband is 6'2, so we look a little odd together sometimes. LOL
3. I have 2 children: a boy and a girl!
4. My daughter is in my class this year. (I teach third.)
5. My brother just adopted a baby girl and I absolutely adore her.
6. I have my national board certification as an early childhood generalist.
7. I start listening to Christmas music on November first. I would start earlier but my husband just won't allow it. Ha!
8. My husband and I teach an adult Sunday School Class together and we love it!
9. I strive to keep God first in my life.
10. I like to sing really loudly(Opera style) even though I really cannot sing.
11. Snowmen are my most favorite thing to collect!
Questions from Fabulous in Fifth:
 1. Beach or Snow? Beach
2. Sweet or Salty? Sweet
3. Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not, what would you start collecting? Snowmen
4. Family tradition? Each year we pick an ornament for each member of our family to hang on our tree. When the kids grow up and get their own tree, they'll have ornaments to start with.
 5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years I see myself teaching third grade.
 6. If you could change one thing in education, what would it be? Testing pressure
7. What is your favorite dinner recipe? Lasagna
8. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, what's the link?http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Teacher-In-Me
 9. What is your best teaching memory? Watching my first graders laugh at their writing from the beginning of the year asking me "Who wrote these? I didn't write this!" LOL
10. Something you have always wanted to do? Go to NYC which I'm doing next weekend!!!
11. The lottery question...what would be your first purchase? Pay off my bills!

Blogs I am nominating:
1.  Surfing to Success
2.  Lessons in Homeschooling
3.  Third Grade Love
4.  Using My Teacher Voice
5.  The Traveling Classroom
6.  Middle School Matters
7.  Bible Fun For Kids
8.  Realistic Teacher
9.  I Dream of First Grade
10.  Krazy in Love with Kindergarten
11.  The Lower Elementary Cottage

Questions for my nominees:
1.  How long have you been teaching?
2.  Do you have a TpT or Teacher's Notebook Store? Link?
3.  What is your hobby if you have one?
4.  What grade level do you teach or have taught?
5.  Favorite Season?
6.  Favorite Food?
7.  Favorite Christmas song?
8.  Favorite subject to teach?
9.  Do you have a Smartboard?
10.  Favorite blog?
11.  Favorite place to go on vacation?

Don't forget to leave me a comment a link back to your Liebster post.  Look forward to getting to know you!   I'd love to link up with any of you as blogging buddies!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Michalene,
    Thanks again for nominating me:)
    Here´s my post...
    http://thetravelingclassroom.blogspot.com/
    Dinah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award! I am your newest follower and can't wait to share ideas with you!!!!!
    Darleen
    Third Grade Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michalene -
    Thank you so much for nominating my blog! I really appreciate the chance to share ideas and resources with you and the other great blogs I've found through your post above. I'll be posting about this very soon - but didn't want this crazy day to go by without thanking you. :)
    Stephanie @ http://middleschoolmattersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michalene -
    Thanks once again! Here's the link to my post:
    http://middleschoolmattersblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/thankful-for-liebtser-award-and-friday.html#.ULjOfoNqSuI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for nominating me for this award! I am wondering if I am permitted to post the info, and add the links to who I nominate as I find them? It seems the circle of blogs that I look at have all been nominated, and it will take a little longer to do that portion of the requirement! But, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you ☺. Deb Jackson @ http://kidsbibledebjackson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie! I'm not sure if those are official rules. I would say to post as you go is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover