"" The Teacher in Me: Test Incentives and a little before test FUN!

Monday, May 13, 2013

Test Incentives and a little before test FUN!

This week begins our state testing.  To get the kids pumped up and ready we had a pep rally for them last Friday.  We only have two third grades and two fourth grades this year so we were able to have some real fun!  All of our 3rd and 4th grade classes were assigned a color to represent their "team".  Each class from K-2 was then assigned one of our rooms to be part of our team for the pep rally.  Each team designed pennants that we hung up along our hallways and each third/fourth grade teacher made a sign for their team.  Our signs reflected our theme for the pep rally.  My theme was that we are going to light up the test!  We entered the gymnasium one at a time running through streamers to Katy Perry's Firework song.  Other songs heard were Eye of the Tiger, and We will Rock YOU.  Here's my sign:
I made for this week Test Incentives to pass out each day of the test.  I found the idea on Pinterest but I didn't want to use construction paper.  I decided just make them using the computer.  Click on the first picture below if you would like your own copy of them.  I was so excited to find on my desk when I came in this morning something similar from my second grade team.  The second grade teacher left a bag of candy for each day of the test with the following:
You were "Mint" to succeed---starlight mints
"CHEW" up the test---chewing gum
You are BURSTING with Knowledge--starbursts
Don't be an AIRHEAD show what you know--Air head taffy

Mine are similar to those.  They are:

Smarties Candy
Blowpops
Hershey Kisses
Starbursts
Gummy Fish or Goldfish Crackers



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea!!!! :) I think your students will love the fact that you made these cards just for them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today One of my students said to me, "Mrs. Mills, I just love these little notes because the candy always matches them!" I just smiled. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover